So the school year is started and in full swing. I am working with 7 teachers this year and about 200 students. With each of my 7 teachers I give class once a week on natural science and environmental topics. This year I am working with two 3rd grade classes, one 4th grade class, two 5th grade classes, and a 3rd-4th multi-grade class and a 5th-6th multi-grade class. So far this year I have made compost with 3 classes (the older students) and have done a small scientific experiment with the 3rd grade students. They are learning what happens when you put some bean seeds in a small jar with cotton balls and water. They have to observe and write what they observe in their notebooks.
I am really trying hard to remember all of the student’s names this year, at least a lot harder than I tried last year, but it is hard to remember the names of 200 students when you only see them once a week. I have the names down for about 4 of my classes and hopefully in the next couple of months I will have them down for the other 3 as well. I thought I would give you an example of some of the names down here. Here is a list of some of the more unusual names below with the pronunciation in parenthesis.
Jendry (Yen-dree) girl
Xochilth (So-chil) girl
Geyner Hey-nair) boy
Lieven (Lee-ev-an) girl
Arelis (Are-ray-lee) girl
Breysi (Bray-see) girl
Sugeyda (Sue-hay-da) girl
Ederin (Ed-are-een) boy
Yordi (Your-dee) boy
Maybelin (My-ba-leen) girl
Crisnayeris (Crees-na-yer-ee) girl
Yescarleth (Yes-scar-let) girl
Jadier (Ha-dee-air) boy
Erlin (Air-leen) boy
Johaster (Yo-haster) boy
Breyner (Bray-nair) boy
Yubelda (You-bel-da) girl
Silenis (See-len-ese) girl
Aycer (Aye-sare) boy
Rosalba (Rose-alba) girl
Dinamar (Deena-mar) girl
Belkis (Bell-keys) girl
Yasmir (Yaz-meer) boy
Jusbeni (Whos-benny) girl
Dimas (Dee-muhs) boy
Lesyenia (Les-yen-ee-a) girl
Kenyi (Ken-yee) girl
Obeth (O-bet) boy
Deysis (Day-sees) girl
On another note, I finally saw Concepcion erupt. I was on the bus on my way to Moyogalpa and looked out the window just as it started to erupt. I was very excited because it has been acting up in the last few months but I hadn’t seen it do anything yet. So when I got off the bus I watched for a while. Some other people were watching too, but most of them didn’t really seem too concerned about it and just went on with their day. Hopefully I will be able to see it if it erupts again and will have my camera with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment